Q: Democracy must be based on
- One-party system
- Free and fair election
- Choice from only the ruling party
- All the above
Ans:2. Free and fair election
Q: Which party always won elections in Mexico since its independence in 1930 until 2000?
- Revolutionary Party
- Mexican Revolutionary Party
- Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Institutional Party
Ans:3:Institutional Revolutionary Party
Q: Why can the Chinese government not be called a democratic government even though elections are held there?
- Army participates in election
- Government is not accountable to the people
- Some parts of China are not represented at all
- Government is always formed by the Communist Party
Ans:4:Government is always formed by the Communist Party
Q: How many members are elected to the National People’s Congress from all over China?
Q: ‘One person, one vote’ means
- One person is to be voted by all
- One person has one vote and each vote has one value
- A person can vote only once in his life
- both (1) and (3)
Ans:2:One person has one vote and each vote has one value
Q: In which case was the real power with external powers and not with the locally elected representatives?
- India in Sri Lanka
- US in Iraq
- USSR in Communist Poland
- Both (2) and (3)
Ans:4: Both(2) and (3)
Q: Who led a military coup in Pakistan in 1999?
- Benazir Bhutto
- Nawaz Sharif
- Pervez Musharraf
- None of the above
Ans:3: Pervez Musharraf
Q: The head of the government in Nepal is the:
- Prime Minister
- Vice President
Q: What kind of government is there in Myanmar?
- Government elected by the people
- Communist government
- Army rule
Ans:3: Army rule
Q: The word ‘Democracy’ comes from the Greek word –